Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flash-backs of all shapes and sizes

I'm 30 weeks along now and jr. has really been working me over. I don't remember feeling this big and having this much trouble doing simple tasks like bending over and getting up off of the floor when I was pregnant with Elle. Although my life is very different during this pregnancy then it was when I was pregnant with Elle, I still feel that the difficulties I have had recently are because I am bigger/the baby is bigger. My exercise routine still consists of 4-5 days a week of cardio (walking outside and/or on the treadmill doing hills with 2 lb hand weights on each hand) and strength training 1-2 times a week.

I had my 30 week appointment the other night and measured 29 cm, and have gained 25 lbs. The baby's heartbeat was in the 140's. Just like every other appointment, the babe was moving around while the doc listened to the heartbeat making extra thumping sounds. So, at 30 weeks I have gained 25 lbs. Looking back, I gained 23 lbs with Elle and that weight was taken only days before I gave birth (at 37 1/2 weeks). Anyway here are the pics...


30 weeks (present)

30 weeks (pregnant with Elle)30 weeks bare belly (present)

30 weeks bare belly (pregnant with Elle)
*Make sure to get your guess in the baby pool (upper right)*

Here are some pictures of Elle playing in her Hippo pool. The nose of the Hippo is pretty much in the way now that Elle is taller, and there isn't much room for her to stand and play. Needless to say this pool will be perfect for the baby next summer and Elle will probably be getting a new one.

She loves to give out kisses to all of her toys/stuffed animals - but, the one who gets the most kisses is her daddy


She loves being in control of the hose

Here she is, belting out a made-up song (sorry, I'm not able to translate this time). She is holding a single blade of grass in her right hand, which is possibly being used as either a wand or microphone.
Flash-back of last summer



Memorial Day weekend in Wausau on the WI River.
Elle found a BIG stick to play with at the sand bar. This shallow water area became a favorite destination as it was a perfect place for Elle to run around and play.
Grampy and Elle fishing with her new Mickey Mouse fishing pole that he got for her. We would cast for her and she would real it in. Grampy also had a big bobber set up on the line and 2 dozen night crawlers as bait!
Well, after many casts, she caught a whooper, or as Elle says it "I caught a woffer"!
The fish was the tiniest fish ever! It was not doing well after we got it off of the hook. We put it in Elle's bucket so she could get a closer look, and without hesitation, she reached in and grabbed it.
Her first fish!
(This was the only fish we caught in the 3 days of fishing)
Grammy and Elle

Our Fam


Ellison helping Grampy drive the boat
Elle and her daddy
Flash-back of last summer on the boat

I had to add this picture in. Elle was helping Grammy water the plants. She LOVES to water plants and has had a lot of practice from helping me. So we kept her watering can full and she went to town!
Memorial Day weekend was absolutely beautiful, it was 80 some degrees every day and pure sun. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. I'd also like to note that Elle never even got a spot of pink, let a lone a sun-burn, the whole time. She was covered in 50 SPF from the top of her head to her toes!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Fabulous post! Love the photos. I don't think you're so much bigger this time around as the baby looks to be in a more "relaxed" position than Elle was!
Tell Elle Congrats on her first fish! Danielle is going to attempt the same this weekend while camping!
Speaking of, now that I'm "free" all day, we have to plan a time to go to the pool, or petting zoo, or something!!!

Jenny said...

Great post! So long.

You look great. A little bigger than last time, but it's your second, they say that is what is normal! :)

Ellison is so cute. Can you believe how much changes in just a year.

And she is a brave girl. I wouldn't want to be touching those fish! :)

Jen said...

I love how you did the comparisons. It is always so fun to look back. You do have a little bit of a bigger belly but still small regardless and all belly! I think you have a tall little boy on your hands! Got to get my guess in!