Tuesday, September 15, 2009

She did it!

Ellison pooped in the toilet today for the first time! She didn't really initiate it, but it happened! The story goes like this...Elle was sitting next to me as I was reading her a book, all of a sudden I heard a couple little toots and then she got into a squatting position, so I said "do you have to make poop, let's go to the toilet"! She didn't really respond as she wanted to keep reading the book, but I took her to the bathroom anyway. I got her on the toilet (the regular one, we don't have a little one for her yet - since we didn't officially start training her) and told her to push the poopies in there, I really didn't think it was going to happen. However, only a few seconds later I could see it going into the toilet, and I was never so excited to see poop in my life!!! Ha! I applauded her over and over. She wanted to flush the toilet, but I told her we had to wait to show daddy. Jonathan came home a few minutes later and we celebrated again, and Elle flushed the toilet! She got one Mint Thrill M&M (if you have not tried these, you have too, they're amazing) for being such a big girl!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! Awesome. Keep putting her on there. Maybe she will potty train before you know it!

Jen said...

WHOOHOO! Way to go Elle!

Heather said...

um..yea..lol

Katie said...

Okay, can you and Elle come over and show that to Danielle? She is accepting of pee pee in the potty, but for poops she will tell me to put her diaper back on!