Sunday, September 27, 2009


Here are a bunch of pictures from this last week, there's no theme, I just needed to update our blog and I had accumulated a ton of cute pics of Elle that I had to share!





Playing in the puddles after the rain (Elle loves anything that involves water)


Trying to get a lick

(don't worry I didn't let her - I quickly snapped the picture than picked her up)

Splash!


We've been putting her on her little toilet about 2x a day (when we think she is about to go) and it has been working out well! We will get more serious in a couple months.



Up to trouble and looking cute!


Elle's new ride! (got it at a garage sale) She loves it!


She loves getting in and out and opening and closing the door. She also likes to push it, rather than ride around in it.

*Jonathan told her to put some gas in it...so Elle walked over to the lawn, pulled out some grass and tried putting it in the gas tank! Jonathan asked me if I told her to put grass in the gas tank... Nope! We had a good laugh, gas does sound just like grass!!!!!

One afternoon when I was getting Ellison's lunch together I had noticed she went downstairs. It had been very quiet for a few minutes so I knew I should take a look. This is what I found - She had unpacked all of our new library books and was paging through them! I was worried I was going to find something bad, what a nice surprise! (quiet usually = trouble)


a closer look


Marcy, Ellison, and I took the Metra (the train) downtown (Chicago) to visit Jonathan after he was done with work. Here are Jonathan and Elle at his office, inside the the KI showroom in the Merchandise Mart! What a beautiful building!



Elle and her Grandma Marcy (who she is now calling "Marce") outside of Lincoln Park Zoo



Our family

(the camera didn't pick up the pretty lights of the city behind us)


I was trying to get a picture of her in her cute shirt, it says "good things come with sprinkles," so true!

Elle and Grammy Laurie (who she calls "baati")
She calls her Grammy and Grampy "baati and baamti" -or at least that's what it sounds like!

...and last, but not least
This is a video of Elle crawling/army crawling for the FIRST TIME at 17 months! Yes, that's right, Elle never crawled, she went from rolling, to sitting, to standing, to walking (at 9.5 months)! So it was pretty exciting for us to see her doing a new trick! Don't worry, it will be noted in the baby book as a 1st! Another proud/fun moment as a parent!



(and yes, I used my phone as bait)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

that is SO funny that she is crawling now. It cracks me up!!

Great pictures. She is getting so big and keeps getting cuter!

Jen said...

I want Elle's wardrobe! Do you think they make those outfits in my size?

Oh and I love the family picture in Chicago. We should all take a trip down there sometime!

Katie said...

I can't believe how much she looks like Jonathan in that first picture! Super cute as always! Oh, and speaking of Jonathan - I don't know that it's legal to have an office THAT neat and tidy!

Glad to hear she's FINALLY mastered the army crawl :-)