Thursday, September 16, 2010

Big post (Zoo, Wausau, and around the house) trying to catch up - again!

Here's our only picture (forgot our camera, so this is a pic from J's phone) from our big family trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo. My parents have never been there, so Elle thought she would show them around. The highlight was the Endangered Species Merry-Go-Round, no surprise. Elle picked to ride the elephant and assigned me to the hippo next to her. She loved every second of it and yelled to Jonathan and my parents "Look at me, I'm on the elephant" every time we went around. We had a great day, we practically had the whole place to ourselves and a bonus, many of the animals were active and on display. Nolan was a champ and slept the whole time, unfortunately he missed the zoo, but we told him all about it and that we would be back!
Elle, Laurie, and Me

Pictures from our week vacation in Wausau:

My Aunt's hosted a little get-together at The Great Dane Resturaunt honoring Nolan (and me).
My mom and me with the kids
Me and my baby boy
Elle got some special "princess" shoes from my cousin Liz. She has been wearing them EVERY day since and "clip-clops" (Ellison's saying) around the house. She would wear them everywhere, but that is not allowed.
I had to do a little "photo shoot" of Elle since it is not offen that I get her hair looking this cute. She cooperated nicely!


Here she is with one of her Grammy's purses and her new shoes

I love this pose she struck


Here is Nolan and me after we got back from a little walk. He loves being in the baby bjorn. Also, look at my parent's beautiful back-yard - just through all of those trees is the WI River.


...Speaking of the river, we hung out quite a bit on my parent's pontoon boat. The weather was so nice and even on hot days there was always a little breeze to cool you down as you slowly motored around.
Uncle Erik helped Elle catch a "whopper," or as Elle says it, "whoffer". Erik hooked the fish and Elle helped real it in.
Erik, Elle, and the whoffer
The measurement...8 inches!
and they threw him back in to get bigger so we could catch him next summer!
Here's little Nolan over his grampy's shoulder
This is the "I want to eat" face!
Jer and Nolan by the sliding door watching the Humming Birds
The famous "laundry cart ride"! She loves helping her Grammy with the laundry because she always get a ride.

Elle helping Laur mix. She never misses a chance to help in the kitchen -and lick the beaters!
Here is my brother Erik and his girlfriend Brooke with the kids.
(The funny thing is, they got a family pic before we did).
Brooke and Nolan
Nolan and his Uncle Erik
-Erik was so amazed at how Nolan fell asleep and went completely limp
Back home...
Finally - our first picture as a family of 4!
Thanks to Dave Taylor and his awesome camera!
Nolan enjoying a ride in the baby bjorn as I cleaned
...moments later
Of course Elle wanted to help sweep, except there was more riding of the broom, than sweeping with it.
don't worry, she said she's a good witch
Elle dressed up her daddy with some new princess earings, necklace, and a bracelet. I think he thought he was a pirate - see the sword around his waist!
Big Sister an Little Brother in their pj's
Try to find the baby!!!

Hanging out in the Rainforest Activity Gym

Chillin on the couch
Elle was rocking Nolan in his carseat - I turned around to look and Nolan was smiling at her!Elle loving her halloween pj's, new cat ears, and a new purse - what an outfit!
our unicorn girl
I didn't have a mirror handy, so I took a picture of her so she could see what she looked like.

No comments: