Monday, April 26, 2010

The Birthday Girl and 24 weeks along

Here's Elle the day before her big day, jumping for joy just because she had a skirt on!
...a few seconds later, I told her to give me a big smile, close enough!

Ellison playing with the birthday present we got her, a new water table.

hours of fun and wetness!

The day of her party, in her party dress from Grandma Marcy

The birthday girl and birthday boy, their birthdays are just 3 days apart!


blowing out the candles on her pink cake!

She did it (with a little help)
Ellison and her Grammy. Elle put on her new swimsuit (from Grammy and Grampy) as soon as she opened it!

A new Backyardigans sofa/chair from Patty and Dave - Uncle Timmy helped her break it in!

Hiding in her balloons the day after





2 short, amazing years ago...
-These pictures were taken in the hospital the day, and the day after Ellison Leigh was born. Check out the outfit the hospital staff put on her...it was size 0-3 months, but looked huge on our little 5 lb 11 oz baby girl.

Now that the big sister (to be) is 2, let's talk about the baby! I'm currently 25 weeks along, (pic below is at 24 weeks) and still feeling great! My most recent check-up was at 23 weeks and I was officially measured for the first time, I was 25 cm - which was good! They say that the centimeter measurement and the week you are on are supposed to be close to the same number. Anyway, looking back to my pregnancy with Ellison, I measured 21 cm at 23 weeks! Yes, I'm bigger, 4 cm bigger to be exact -I feel like it too!
I'm still exercising (5 days cardio, 1-2 days of weights a week) and still teaching my group exercise classes (which are ending soon). The baby's activity is also going strong throughout the day and night. I feel like the activity level of this baby is very similar to the action I felt when I was pregnant with Elle, the only difference is that with this baby most of the movements are felt lower than I can remember with Elle. I know this really means nothing, just different positioning, but it is the only difference besides being a little bigger.
I have no feelings one way or another on the gender of this baby (I didn't with Elle either), however, Elle has stayed consistent with her prediction of it being a boy! We will see in about 15 weeks!

4 comments:

The Michna's said...

Adorable birthday pics of Elle. I love the one of her jumping up and down so excited for her party! Too cute. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. You look great!

Jen said...

What a great post! So much to say...Love the birtday dress Elle....Happy birthday!...Jackson can't wait to check out your awesome water table...Love the flashback to the birth! I can't believe how small she was...And you look great Erin!!! Can't wait to meet the little one. It's getting closer...

Jenny said...

Ellison looks so old in those pictures. She looks like a little girl and not like a baby. It's crazy how fast they grow up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLISON!

You look fabulous... I expect nothing less from you. :)

Kristen said...

Erin, you look amazing!

And a happy belated birthday to Elle! I can remember Jonathan calling in to work to say she had arrived like it was yesterday... how time flies! Love reading your beautiful updates now and then.