Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our BIG Annoucement

I didn't want to post this any earlier for fear that I would jinx things, but now it is time to report that our daughter is FINALLY sleeping through the night!!!!! That's right, for about 6 consecutive weeks Ellison has been sleeping a solid 8 hours at a time - I made sure to note this in her baby book. Jonathan and I are relieved and happy (more me than him, since he wasn't really affected by this change).


Uncle Erik and Brooke got Ellison a new Dora bike!
Jonathan and Elle playing Wii tennis - I think Elle was winning!

Ellison helping Jonathan install a new hall light with her new Handy Manny tools!
Oh yeah, one more BIG announcement...











We are having a baby/Ellison is going to be a big sister!

Baby 2, is upside down in the picture (you may also be able to see the little arms out to the sides, he/she waved to us during the ultra-sound). "Jr. Matta" is due August 8, 2010,
and we couldn't be happier!


*hope you all caught our trick...we wanted to throw you off with the news about Elle first (it is true, she is sleeping through the night), but our BIG news IS our new baby.

8 comments:

Jen said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so exciting!
Congrats to all!
I totally thought that your big announcement, when first reading the heading, was a baby, but then was super disappointed (well, you know what I mean, go Elle for sleeping though the night!) but then was super excited when I saw the ending! You guys are so tricky! Way to play with my emotions. Yea for the newest Matta...grow, grow, grow!!!!

Jen said...

Oh and Erin, I bet you are super thrilled to be pregnant! How are you feeling?!?! I bet you have LOVED every minute of it. Congrats!

Connellys said...

Congrats! What great news! Gotta love new babies!! And I feel you about the sleeping through the night. Just this week was the first time in a LONG time (months and months) that all three of our kids slept through the night. I guess when you have more than one kids, the odds are against you that all will make it all night w/o waking up. Anyway....congrats on the baby and the sleeping!

Jordan said...

Congratulations Erin! Ellison is adorable. Great to see the family pictures. Happy New Year!

Nicole said...

CONGRATS ERIN!!!!!!!! Wow that is so exciting! Elle is going to be such a great big sister. She is so adorable! I pray you have a healthy pregnancy!

Jenny said...

No way! You are pregnant? That's so awesome. It would be so cool if one of your friends was pregnant at the same time.

Good work sleeping, Elle! It's about time! :)

Katie said...

So glad you FINALLY posted this - It was killing me that you had the ultrasound and didn't post THAT DAY!

I totally fell for your "fake big announcement" even though that is also a pretty big announcement! Way to go, Elle! She must know that mommy needs all the sleep she can get!!!!

The Michna's said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see Elle as a big sister. Congratulations!