Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ellison's first trip to to the Zoo!

We had a day full of many "firsts" when we set out for the Lincoln Park Zoo (near downtown Chicago). Although Jonathan and I have gone before, we have never gone as a family. Ellison got to experience the Metra (train to downtown), the "L" (train that travels through downtown), the Lincoln Park/DePaul neighborhood where her daddy went to school/played soccer/lived, and the Zoo! Here's a recap of our day:

Getting ready: She's not even 1 yet, and she already wants to do so many things by herself. She wanted to put her pants on all by herself. When I tried helping her, she got mad at me. Of course she started out by trying to get them over her head...


...then, tried putting her arm through...
...let's just say, she had to give in and let me help.
she made sure I had everything we would need in my purse
on the Metra (she loved it)
Finally, at the Zoo! Elle and Jonathan in the jungle.
Her favorite, the fishies!

Elle and I with the city backdrop
Running around in the park, picking up leaves (her 2nd favorite thing of the day)!


We all had a blast, and were all very tired when we got home.

No comments: