Monday, October 13, 2008

The tale of Ellison's Baptism

(Story told by Ellison but interpreted and written by my Dad)
I woke up early to review the Bears game plan with my Dad. As we found out later, the coaching staff wasn't on the same page and blew the game with 11 seconds to go. Uncle Tim was very upset.
I wanted to get my exercise in before church, so I decided to hit the weights and do some curls. I don't want to brag or anything, but I've developed some nice definition in my biceps, and with Uncle Tim's protein shakes my strength to weight ratio has doubled!


After the weight room I laced up my soccer boots and hit the field. Mom, Dad, and I knocked the ball around for a good half hour; it really helped to burn off the lactic acid after our 10k on Saturday morning.
Here's a picture of Mom and Dad with me at the start of the service; Dad kept trying to get us to the front of the baptism line because he knew I needed a nap and he, Uncle Timmy, Uncle Erik, and Grandpa wanted to watch the Bears game.
Can you believe that there were 15 other babies being baptized with me?

Here's a picture of my God parents - I actually took this picture.
Here I am being baptized; this was right up there with getting shots!
Again, I was extremely over-tired and in need of a serious nap.
My very proud parents and God-parents.
Here I am with our priest; he was singing a nice song that calmed me down and got me on my way to a hard-earned nap.
Back at home and practicing for trick-or-treating...my Mom just won't stop. She's got an entire candy route developed that she claims will optimize our time and candy intake. She's beyond excited!

Getting in one last hug before my God-parents hit the road.



I just think this is a cute picture of me swimming with the fishies!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Adorable!! I love the last picture. Good story too.

Congrats to Elle on her most special day.

* said...

Elle you are a great story teller, I felt like I was there. Good job baby girl! :)