Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ellison Leigh Matta is here!

Our little Peanut is here! Ellison Leigh Matta was born today, April 22nd, 2008, at 2 p.m. She weighs 5 lbs. 11 oz., and measures 18 1/4". She has sandy blond hair with what appears to be blue eyes.

Erin is doing fantastic! Her water partially broke last night at around 9:45 p.m., and we decided to head to the hospital at 2:30 a.m. this morning. A quick visit to the emergency room and the maternity ward, and we were sent home. Literally as soon as we walked in the door Erin began to have some serious contractions; 30 - 45 seconds long, 2 - 3 minutes apart. We didn't really know what to do, as the Hospital had just moments ago sent us home. So, we (and by we, I mean Erin...what a trooper) rode it out and waited until around 7 a.m., got cleaned up, and headed to the hospital. Erin was admitted around 8:15 a.m., and by 1:15 p.m., she was fully dialated and ready to push. It only took her 45 minutes, and out came baby Ellison! I'm so fantastically proud of my wonderful wife; she was so amazing! And our little girl is incredibly beautiful, and is truly our little Peanut!

Here's a video for everyone to enjoy (she hasn't had a bath yet). More pics to come!


11 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't even tell you guys how happy I am for you!!! She is beautiful. Reese can't wait to play with her!!!! Congrats. Way to go Erin, I knew you would be amazing!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for both of you! I can't wait to meet her!!

Jen said...

Congratulations guys! What a cutie pie

Brian and Amie said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie. Cute name too! Way to go guys...welcome to parenthood!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am extremely happy for you two and the addition to your wonderful family. Both of you will be amazing parents!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Erinathan! She is a cutie. Natalie is so excited to have a new friend to play with!

Koz said...

Congrats Jon. Hope all is well, and I'd love to grab a bite to eat with you next time you're in town.

Aunt Julie said...

Congrats to the Happy Parents!
I was emailing back and forth with Grandma Laurie yesterday waiting to hear the news. She finally called me explaining Ellison's initial ELM were relevant to Earth Day! Boy did I get a kick out of that. Ellison is a sweethead....looking forward to holding her soon!

DDKBM Knetter said...

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! We look forward to seeing you when you come to Wausau!

Trevor Deily said...

Congrats!!! What a perfect lil peanut you have there ; )
I'm very happy for you both. Best, Trevor

kelly said...

Congrats!! Very exciting!! Jmatta I would love to see you and meet your wife and baby!:) Hopefully we can maybe see you next time you are in town!!